Oscar De La Hoya Admits to Rehab

Oscar De La Hoya admits himself in rehab
A famous retired American Boxer with a nickname "The Golden Boy", Oscar De La Hoya admitted himself in a treatment facility.

He issued a statement last Tuesday saying that he voluntarily admitted himself. 

In his statement, he said that, “I will not be at the fight this Saturday to cheer Canelo to victory since I have voluntarily admitted myself into a treatment facility." "I explained this to Canelo and he understood that my health and long term recovery from my disease must come first," he added.

According to Alvarez, De La Hoya called him last Monday to tell him the he won't be able to watch the Mayweather/Alvarez Super-Fight. Alvarez said that “I support him in the great battle he has in his life. I’m sure he’s going to win his battle and I’m going to win my battle.”

As we all remember, Mayweather beats De La Hoya on their fight in 2007. Mayweather also give De La Hoya a message saying, “Hopefully he can get better and pull through like a true champion,”.

De La Hoya admitted 2 years ago that he is a drug user, an alcoholic man but he has been in treatment. Last month, he told also the Los Angeles Times that he is attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings six days a week.

Richard Schaefer, the CEO of Golden Boy Promotions didn't talk to De La Hoya of going into rehab before the fight. He said that, “It’s not perfect timing. But they say that the show must go on and it will.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.